LLB (NWU-PUK), ADVANCED COMPANY LAW (WITS)
After completing his articles, he practiced as an associate attorney at Van Zyl’s Incorporated, whereafter he was appointed as a Director of the firm during January 2016.
Deneys has a strong general practice, with a specific focus on property and companies law disputes.
Deneys completed his Certificate in Advanced Companies Law at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg.
Deneys has experience in the following areas:
• PIE & ESTA evictions
• Various interdicts, including Mandamentum of Spolie applications
• Land claims on behalf of the land owners
• Review applications in terms of PAJA and the Land Claims Court Rules
• Land restitutions
• Shareholder disputes
• Director disputes
• Minority shareholder protection
• Appeals in the Financial Intelligence Centre in terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA)
• Liquidations and business rescue applications
• Appeals and leave to appeal applications ?
• Rescission of judgment applications in the High Court
• Various contractual disputes
• Construction disputes
• Urgent Applications in the Land Claims Court and various High Courts in South Africa.
Deneys is an avid sportsman, an active cricketer as well as single figure golfer with a great love for the outdoors.